“Prague is a city of fairy tales …”. This phrase you may have heard already and it is obvious, this capital really has something magical. It is perhaps because of its mysterious alleys, its impressive castle, its bridges spanning Moldova, or the incredible stories of nineteenth-century Czech intellectuals and artists … What matters is that Prague deserves to be visited.
If you decide to visit the city with 100 bell towers, here’s our selection of things to do in Prague.
1. Visit the Prague Castle, visible from any part of the city
2. Enter the Saint-Guy Cathedral, inside the castle walls, to discover where the expression “Saint-Guy dance” comes from. On site, do not miss the Art Nouveau stained glass windows by Alfons Mucha
3. Strolling around forgetting the time in the old town, Staré Město
4. Find the Franciscan Gardens, one of the treasures of the Nove Město neighborhood
5. Visit Malá Strana, where the squares and narrow streets breathe romanticism
6. Stroll through the Jewish Quarter and be surprised by the tombstones of the cemetery and the history of the place
7. Take a picture of the famous “dancing house”, this modern building that leaves no one unimpressed
8. Become an artist of the past by drinking a glass of absinthe
9. Cross the Charles Bridge and touch the bronze plaques at the foot of the statue
10. Travel back in time to Clementinum, second most important building in Prague after the Castle