1) Avoid buying your lunch or dinner from food vendors on the streets. Go to a café or a restaurant instead.
2) Don’t leave the hotel without your ID or a copy of your passport.
3) Never let a complete stranger take you around the city on a tour and make sure no one follows you back to the hotel.
4) Don’t be shy! Cariocas are incredibly friendly, outgoing people. Body contact is very common; when greeted, it’s perfectly alright to shake hands or even give two kisses on the cheek.
5) Don’t forget to take some sunscreen and mosquito repellent.If you travel in summer, these items will be your new best friends.
Opodo wishes you a lovely trip and remember to have fun!
If you enjoyed reading this post, see also: