Opodo can help you book a low-cost, last-minute flight to Canada in minutes. Simply use the flight search box on this page and soon you could be experiencing the sights and scenery of this fascinating Commonwealth country.
To help you make the most of your last-minute trip to Canada, we've compiled some quick facts.
Ten handy facts about Canada
- Canada's capital city is Ottawa.
- The country is divided into ten provinces and three territories, each with its own capital.
- Canada's indigenous wildlife includes caribou, bison, bears and beavers.
- Around 10% of the world's forests are in Canada.
- The climate in the north is artic and sub-artic but it is far more temperate in the south of the country.
- The currency is Canadian dollars and cents, non-resident visitors may be able to claim a tax refund on goods purchased. (Refund forms are often available from tourist information offices).
- Canada includes six of the world's 24 time zones, so remember to adjust your watch.
- The laws of Canada are based on English Civil Law. But in Québec, the system derives from French law.
- Some of the northernmost parts of Canada fall within the Artic Circle.
- It's easy to travel around in Canada. The country has a good public transport network including inter-city buses and some very panoramic train routes. Or you may prefer to pre-arrange Car rental with Opodo.
Start looking for a flight today
Use Opodo's flight search box on the right to book a low-cost, last-minute flight to Canada now.