Just a short ride out of Athens, the town of Pireas is the country's main port. This is the gateway to the idyllic Greek islands so why not book your cheap flights to Greece and experience some island hopping? It makes for a truly unforgettable holiday.
With a stunning architectural heritage, gorgeous beaches and sheltered bays offering excellent swimming, scuba diving, snorkelling and water sports. It's little wonder the Greek Islands are such a popular tourist destination each summer.
To give you an idea of which cheap flights to Greece to book, here's a rough guide to the islands. They are divided into seven groups and most lie in the Aegean sea, from north to south as follows:
- The islands of the North-Eastern Aegean, which includes Thasos, Lesvos, Samos and Psara.
- The Sporades, which includes Skyros and Skianthos.
- Evia, which is one of the largest islands.
- The Argo Saronic islands, which includes Spetses and Poros.
- The Cyclades, which are a group of 56 islands and are the most well known and include Andros, Mykonos and Naxos.
- The Dodecanese, which includes Kos, Rhodes and Leros.
- Crete, which along with Evia, is the largest of the islands.
Finally, the Ionian Islands are located on their own in the Ionian Sea and include Zakynthos, Corfu and Caphallonia.
Choose from the cheap flights to Greece offered by Opodo and enjoy an unforgettable holiday.