Hungary claims around 1,300 geothermal, medicinal water sources. Nearly 300 of these are used for bathing and Hungary is fast becoming a hot-spot for spa break holidays.
It's easy to find cheap flights that will take you to one of Hungary's beautiful spa locations, such as Bogács or Bükkszék. Simply use the search box on the right to find cheap flights to Hungary today.
Ten more inspiring reasons to visit Hungary
- Budapest, "the pearl of the Danube" and Hungary's capital, is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Pannonia, the ancient Roman province set amongst gentle hills and valleys is home to many "royal cities," romantic shallow lakes and gardens.
- Hungarians are very proud of their native cuisine, which they describe as spicy and intensely flavoured.
- Hungary is a treasure trove for wine lovers, with several hundred years of wine-making experience to its advantage. There are six wine regions: Bükkalja, Eger, Mátraalja, Tokay-hegyalja, Balatonmellék and Tolna.
- Pannonhalma, the ancient Benedictine Abbey, is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Hungary enjoys a sub-Alpine climate accommodating an array of outdoor activities from rambling to water sports.
- Golf is gaining popularity with many picturesque courses available across the regions, while football is a favourite national sport.
- Stay in the grounds of one of Hungary's antique castles like Kastélyhotel Sasvár and experience medieval enchantment first hand.
- Explore Hungary's great hiking trail running from the Austrian-Hungarian border, at the summit of 882m Írott-ko, ending 1100km later in Dunántúli.
- Immerse yourself in village life and experience the distinctive Hungarian folk music that inspired the genius of Franz Liszt, Béla Bartók and Zoltán Kodály.
It couldn't be easier to find cheap flights to Hungary with Opodo, book a flight online now and you could be enjoying some of the great sites and activities Hungary has to offer.