Orlando in sunny Florida is a good choice for travelling with your partner, family or friends. You can be a big kid again at one of the theme parks, or use Orlando as a base to tour the many scenic destinations nearby. If you need to travel in a hurry, book a low-cost, last-minute flight to Orlando with Opodo.
Take a moment to read our handy hints of things to do on your last-minute trip to Orlando and its surrounding areas:
- Home of NASA and worth a trip, the Kennedy Space Center is less than an hour's drive from Orlando. Be careful what buttons you press, or else you might be up, up and away.
- If you like the great outdoors, head for nearby Kissimmee and go on one of the many nature walks or hikes in the surrounding countryside.
- Tee-up at one of Orlando's 168* golf courses.
- Search for designer bargains at the outlet centres.
- Glide in a hot air balloon over central Florida.
- See some fast and frantic stockcar racing at Orlando Speedworld.
- Tour the swamps and see the alligators at Gatorland.
- View curio at The Orlando Odditorium museum.
- Watch the daredevil skateboarders at the Vans Skatepark.
- Visit the beautiful rose garden, camellia forest and butterfly garden set amidst the 50 acres of the Harry P. Leu Gardens.
* Source: http://www.orlandoinfo.com