When you first think of travelling to a tropical island you probably think of the beaches you will be sunbathing on, but because of Tenerife’s many volcanoes, it’s a wonderful place to take a day trip to admire the natural landscapes or get a bit of exercise in with a hike or two.
- Teide National Park – Teide is a volcano and the highest peak in Spain. The National Park is the area surrounding the mount.
- Pico Viejo – the second largest volcano in Tenerife, located in the Teide National Park.
- Mighty Guajara – another one of the highest peaks in Tenerife.
- Chinyero Nature Reserve – the Chinyero Volcano was the last volcano to erupt (in 1909) in Tenerife. The Nature Reserve provides breathtaking arid landscapes formed by the dried lava.
- Lunar Landscape (Paisaje Lunar) – landscape of bizarre rock formations formed after volcanic eruptions.
- Masca Valley – the village of Masca is located in a valley and is a great place for a day hike.