Holidays and spa treatments are the perfect holiday combination
Whether you're looking to relax, just for the sake of escaping the monotony of routine, connect with your mind, body and soul or go on a spiritual eco-trip, read on and see how you can plan the perfect relaxing holiday with Opodo.
Budapest, the thermal city
Budapest is home to more than 100 thermal baths in the city, the most concentrated amount of thermal springs in the world. Rumour has it these thermal springs can rejuvenate and heal you. Who wouldn’t want to spend their holiday amidst such health benefits?
Why you should go
Visiting Budapest is not only a wonderful destination for a holiday where one can explore amazing sites like the chain bridge or visit castle Hill, but it is also a top wellness destination of legendary baths. Not only are many of them magnificent and beautiful, the thermal waters also contain minerals which are said to heal health concerns that include arthritis, and rheumatic problems.
When to go
The ideal time to enjoy a wellness holiday in Budapest is in the spring (April-May) or autumn (September - October). At this time it is neither too hot nor too cold, and the risk of rain is very low.
- In spring, the city wakes up from hibernation, the days become longer and warmer, the flowers start to grow and give a new touch of color.
- In September and October, the days are still warm, the sun sets over the Danube in a golden light, the city is then adorned with a magical atmosphere that you will not soon forget!
Summer is the busiest season in the city. Avoid it if you don't like tourist crowds!
What to do
There are over 40 thermal baths in the city and we recommend the following:
- The Lukács baths not only has thermal baths but also an extensive sauna area and a Turkish Hammam.
- One of the most modern spas in Budapest is the Danubius Health Spa located in Margaret Island. It's filled with mineral-rich, natural, healing waters; and it's drinkable!
- The most beautiful and unique baths in Budapest is Gellért bath, with its magnificent Art Nouveau architecture, it is a real pleasure to relax in hot baths and enjoy views of the mosaics and pillars
- The Széchenyi thermal bath is particularly popular with the locals, it is one of the largest bathing landscapes in Europe. If relaxing in a bath is too dull for you, you can also play chess in the water!
Budapest Wellness Map
One word: Pampered
That’s exactly how you will feel here. Marrakech, meaning “Land of God” is located in north Africa and offers some of the world’s best rated spas and wellness destinations.
Why you should go
Marrakech is an intoxicating city full of colours and scents that appeal to all your senses. Along with the fascinating culture and the peaceful surroundings, it is the destination for a perfect holiday.
- Wander around the city and discover their hospitable and exotic culture and luxurious spa and wellness centres.
- Enjoy the beauty of their natural surroundings and visit the gardens of Menara, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
When to go
The best time to visit Marrakech are from March to May and October through November:
- Temperatures during the day are pleasant at 25ºC and 20ºC at night
- If you visit in fall, you'll get great rates and temperatures drop to 20ºC
- Avoid going on Easter if you don't want to pay extra and bump into hoards of tourists
Don't let its location fool you; Morocco is also known as the cold country with a hot sun during winter.
What to do
The location’s exotic nature is also the perfect backdrop for an amazing holiday as it offers visitors with a vast array of things to do:
- Private Hammam spas: The luxury of a 5-star hotel and the ultimate spa experience can be at your fingertips with a hotel stay at La Mamounia, one of the best in the world. We also recommend Royal Mansour, where guests can have a private spa suite.
- Public Hammam spas: If you're looking for something cheaper, there are several local neighbourhood hammams in Marrakech where entry costs Dh10 (£1), scrubs Dh15-30 (£1.50-2.50) and massages Dh30 (£4-7.50).
- Bring your own Hammam kit: If you go to a public hammam, remember to bring a towel, flip-flops, plastic mat and a change of knickers.
Marrakech Wellness Map
« Health is a state of body. Wellness is a state of being. »
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your Wellness holidays
Join our like-minded travellers who get our travel news, trends, tips and more good stuff
[contact-form-7 id="6900" title="Travel Trends - Subscribe"]
Why not try? You can unsubscribe at any time.
You might also like these posts from our blog