Doha-based Qatar Airways is the state-owned flag carrier of Qatar. It connects over 150 international destinations around the world using 160 aircraft. The first Gulf carrier to sign with the Oneworld Alliance has a prestigious 5-star Skytrax rating but don’t forget to familiarise yourself with the Check in with Qatar Airways and their procedures to stay out of trouble!
Online Check In with Qatar Airways
The quickest way to Check in with Qatar Airways saves time and gives you more flexibility.
The online check-in windows:
- Available between 48 hours and 90 minutes before scheduled departure.
- For US flights online check-in opens 24 hours before scheduled departure.
- Online check-in is not available for flights departing from Baghdad, Basra or Shiraz.
- To check in online with Qatar all you need is either a booking reference number, a frequent flyer number, or an E-ticket number as well as a surname.
- You can choose seats of your preference with Qatar’s interactive seating plan.
- On check-in you’ll be issued a boarding pass to print and take to the airport.
Reminder: if you can’t print you can still collect your boarding pass by presenting your passport at a Qatar check-in counter or by sending it to your phone via SMS.
Mobile Check In with Qatar Airways
You can Check in with Qatar Airways using a mobile’s web browser at their site qatarairways.com or after downloading their Android or iPhone mobile application.
Whether you check in through their website or via the Qatar Airways mobile application you’ll have the option to have your boarding pass sent to your mobile.
- Mobile boarding passes are issued by Qatar via SMS.
- When you’re at the airport simply open and show the SMS on your mobile to proceed.
Here’s the list of airports accepting mobile boarding passes:
Checking In Your Luggage Online
If you want to check in your luggage online you’re free to do so – simply drop it off at their fast-bag-drop counter when you arrive at the airport.
Airport Check In with Qatar Airways
Qatar airport check-in with Qatar Airways typically opens three hours before scheduled departure and closes one hour before scheduled departure.
To ensure on time departure Qatar strongly advises checking in 3 hours before your flight especially during peak travel periods and periods of heightened security.
They also recommend the following to ensure a smooth check-in:
- Keep your passports, tickets, boarding passes, and travel visas ready at all times.
- Label your luggage.
- Check that your bags do not contain any prohibited items.
- Let them know in advance if you need special assistance.
Do you have any questions? Don’t hesitate to write us in the comments below.