We ask you for personal information in a variety of circumstances:
- when you make or start to make a reservation, or purchase something from our website or through our customer service team - by email, letter, fax, or on the phone;
- when you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions or register for promotions; or
- when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
To make Opodo work even better for you, we also use 'cookies' to collect information about your use of the website. Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to temporarily store information within your browser, which in turn allows us to recognise the computer used to access Opodo. Most browsers automatically accept cookies but you can delete existing cookies from your browser. You can also edit your browser options to choose not to receive cookies in future. For further information on cookies, we recommend you visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We may use your data for the following principal purposes:
- to provide you with the highest possible level of service (such as a special meals request) and to help you to get the best out of our website;
- to fulfil the bookings and purchases you have made through our website, and any other requests we receive from you;
- to contact you about changes to your itinerary eg. flight schedule changes, delays etc, or to send you useful information about your trip;
- to notify you about our products and services, special offers and promotions and any other marketing materials which we think may interest you. While this may include material about third party products from time to time, those third parties will not contact you directly (unless you subsequently ask them to!);
- in case of a booking that you start to make but then abandon after entering your personal details, we may send you an email inviting you to seek technical assistance or to complete your booking. You can immediately unsubscribe from these notifications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of these emails;
- for other administrative purposes and for internal analysis; and
- to occasionally participate as part of a survey or to get feedback
Normally we will contact you by email but we may occasionally contact you by mail, phone, fax or sms (mobile phone text messages).
As we may need to contact you regarding flight schedule/hotel changes or cancellations as quickly as possible after they are notified to us by the airline/hotel we strongly recommend that when booking you give us a valid email address and phone number that is accurate and does not block calls from business numbers before and during any travel period.
We disclose your data to our partners who will only use your data for the purposes of fulfilling your booking requests.
We will not disclose your data to any other third parties except where it is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling any bookings, purchases or requests that you make on the website, through our customer service team, for the purposes or credit checks or fraud prevention or as otherwise described in this policy. We may be required to disclose your information if required by any applicable law or regulation. We may also disclose your data to reputable third parties and professional advisers acting on our behalf and who are obliged to keep that data confidential.
All airlines are required to collect Advance Passenger Information from passengers before travel to or from the USA and certain other countries. For this purpose, your data may be disclosed to airlines who may onward disclose it to foreign authorities.
If it is necessary to transfer your data to a company based outside the EU (eg. for the purpose of fulfilling your booking) then we will make every effort to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant legislation in force from time to time.
We have done our best to make it easy for you to amend or suppress the personal data you have submitted. In addition, when you sign in you will see a link called 'Profile' that allows you to edit or delete your details. If you require any other information about the data we hold about you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can write to us at: The Data Protection Officer, 26-28 Hammersmith Grove, London W6 7BA
Opodo collects personal information about travellers when a booking is made. Opodo also has a facility whereby traveller profiles (both for yourself and others) are stored to save you typing these details each time you make a booking. This information includes traveller name, date of birth, contact details, meal preferences, credit card and invoicing information, frequent flyer programmes and travel preferences.
If you wish us to stop sending you newsletters or details of other offers and promotions please automatically subscribe through the unsubscribe link in our emails or email us at email@example.com
Are you sure? your hotel destination is a long way away from your chosen airport.
Something went wrong. There seems to be a problem with the search. Please try again.
No results for this search!