Dubai-based Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East with over 3300 flights a week to over 148 cities in 78 countries over six continents.
It was voted the Airline of the Year for 2016 by Skytrax but it’s still advisable to familiarise yourself with their check-in procedures to avoid any trouble!
The quickest of check-in options saves time and gives you more flexibility – the service is available for any eticket between 48 hours and 90 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
The list of airports allowing Emirates online check-in can be found here.
Careful: online check-in is not available if you’re taking a flight with multiple companies and the first flight is not with Emirates – this applies to all codeshare flights not operated by Emirates.
- To check in online with Emirates all you need is your booking reference number and surname.
- Passengers can check in up to 9 other people (adults and children) who are travelling with them
- You can choose seats of your preference with Emirates’ interactive seating plan.
- Upon check-in you’ll be issued an eBoarding Pass for each passenger which you can print and take to the airport
Reminder: if you can’t print you can still collect your boarding pass after online check-in by presenting your passport at an Emirates check-in counter.
Whether you check in through their website or via the Emirates App you’ll have the option to download your boarding pass to your mobile.
- Mobile boarding passes are issued by Emirates via email or SMS
- When you’re at the airport simply connect to the internet and open the pass or show a taken screenshot of your boarding pass to proceed
- Those using iPhone iOS6 or later can also save boarding passes to their device and open them in Apple Wallet for scanning
The list of airports accepting mobile boarding passes can be found here.
Checking Your Luggage
If you want to check in your baggage online you’re free to do so – simply drop it off at their designated online check-in counter or any Emirates bag drop when you arrive at the airport.
The airport check-in procedures at Emirates are as follows:
To ensure on time departure Emirates strongly advises checking in 3 hours before your flight especially during peak travel periods and periods of heightened security.
Do you have any questions? Don’t hesitate to write us in the comments below.