Flybe offers three ways of checking-in online to passengers.
- Online check-in: This service is available from 36 to 2 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. Passengers simply have to print out their boarding pass and head straight to security if they travelling with hand luggage. Those with checked bags will need to go to one of the Flybe Bag Drops before proceeding to security.
- Automatic check-in (email): Passengers can check-in for free during the online booking process by selecting automatic check-in. A printable boarding pass will then be sent to their email between 36 to 15 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. If travelling with hang luggage, passengers can simply head straight to security control with their printed boarding pass. Those with checked luggage need to drop their bags off at the Flybe Bag Drop or check-in desk.
- Automatic check-in (mobile boarding pass): Passengers can opt to receive an electronic version of their boarding pass on their mobile. They can do so during the online booking process by selecting automatic check-in. A bar-coded boarding pass will then be sent to their mobile 36 to 15 hours prior to scheduled flight departure.
The Flybe airport check-in desks open 2 hours and up to 30 minutes before scheduled flight departure time for passengers travelling with hold luggage. Customers with cabin bags may check-in 2 hours prior and up to 20 minutes before flight departure time. This schedule refers to domestic flights.
The standard time of boarding gate closure is 30 minutes prior to the flight.
Passengers travelling on international flights with hold luggage can check-in 2 hours prior and up to 60 minutes before take-off. The Flybe airport check-in desks open 2 hours and until 45 minutes before scheduled departure time for those with just hand luggage.
Hand luggage allowance
All passengers are permitted one cabin bag weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55 x 40 x 23cm however, the amount of hand luggage depends on the class of travel:
- Just Fly: 1 piece weighing 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55 x 40 x 23cm (including handles and wheels).
- Get More: 1 piece weighing 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55 x 40 x 23cm (including handles and wheels).
- All In: 1 piece weighing 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55 x 40 x 23cm (including handles and wheels) plus a laptop or handbag.
All Just Fly customers with cabin bags exceeding the permitted weight and dimensions will be charged an extra hold luggage fee. Get More passengers may exceed the aforementioned restrictions for no extra fees on the condition that the maximum weight corresponds to 20kg and that they are not travelling with any hold luggage. Similarly, All In customers are entitled to 2 pieces of hold luggage weighing a maximum 40kgs thus, if their hand luggage exceeds the maximum weight and dimensions, as long as all their baggage does not weigh more than 40kg then it will be stored in the hold free of charge.
Checked baggage allowance
The class of travel determines the amount of free hold baggage allowed on Flybe flights.
- Just Fly: Checked bags are subject to a fee.
- Get More: 1 bag weighing a maximum 20kg is included in the ticket price.
- All In: 2 bags weighing a combined total of 40kg are included in the ticket price.
Checked baggage can be added during the booking process, online up to 2 hours before scheduled flight departure or via the Customer Call Centre up to 4 hours before the flight. It is a lot cheaper to add checked baggage during the online booking process.
Customer reviews of Flybe can be found below.
Get all the latest news on the Flybe low cost airline in our handy travel blog.
Flybe consists of a British low cost regional airline founded in 1979. They have headquarters in Exeter and feature 14 bases across the UK, the largest being Southampton. Their large fleet of 68 Bombardier Dash 8 Q400, Embraer E-175, and E-195 operate 180 routes and fly to over 100 destinations across Europe.
Flybe contact: www flybe.com